Payment: We accept payment through Paypal, all major credit cards, money order or personal check. Please note all personal checks must clear before the carrier will be made and shipped. If you are paying by check or money order, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for the mailing address.
Order Changes: Due to the nature of custom orders, we are unable to accommodate order changes or cancellations on "design your own" custom carriers.
Return Policy: Due to the nature of custom orders, custom carriers are not eligible for returns.
We offer a one-time exchange for instock carriers in the form of store credit. To qualify for an exchange, you must meet the following requirements:
• Carriers must be returned within 14 days of receipt. Babyhawk provides postal tracking for all carriers, so this will be easy for you to determine.
• Carriers must be new and unused.
• Carriers must have original tags attached, and be in their original packaging.
• Carriers must be purchases directly from the babyhawk website. Proof of purchase is required. We are unable to exchange carriers purchased from other vendors.
Please note: Sale carriers are final sale.
How to Exchange Your New Carrier for Store Credit
1. Read our Return Policy above to determine if your purchase qualifies for an exchange. If yes, follow the instructions below.
2. To start the process of request an exchange of one or more items in an order, login to your account and navigate to My Account.
3. Navigate to the Completed Orders section and click on the Return Item(s) button.
4. In the next screen select the products you want to return using the Qty. to Return drop down boxes, choose the Return Reason. Click on Submit Return Request.
5. You will receive a return email within 2 business days of your request.
6. If your return request is approved, you will receive an email and a Return Number (find this in the Return Requests section under My Account).
7. Ensure your Returns Number is clearly marked on the package. Upon our receipt of your package, a store credit will be added to your babyhawk account for the full purchase price minus any shipping fees. You may use that credit to purchase anything for sale on the babyhawk website. Shipping costs are non-refundable.
Shipping: USPS is our carrier of choice for all shipping. We will also ship all international packages via USPS to prevent our customers from incurring large brokerage house fees charged by UPS, Fed Ex, etc. Express shipping is available if needed at an additional cost (but please note that it does not expedite your carrier in the custom order process, it only affects shipping time). Parcels are shipped without insurance, unless otherwise specified. If you want insurance, please add a comment to the order, and note that it will be billed to you.
PLEASE NOTE: If you live outside of the United States, you may incur customs fees. We do not collect tax, duty, or other customs fees during checkout. Please check with your local customs office for details. We are not able to mark items as gifts in order to avoid customs charges. The packages shipped via USPS can take 2-3 weeks on average to reach international destinations. BabyHawk has no control over the parcel once it ships, if the USPS indicates that they accepted your package and your package is missing, you must file a claim with your local post office.
1. When should I expect to receive my order?
Our in-stock carriers usually ship within 1-2 business days of placing your order.
If you selected to "design your own" custom carrier, we will produce your custom Babyhawk carrier upon receipt of your order. Due to high demand, the current wait time for all custom carriers is approximately 14-21 days, plus shipping time. Please remember this is just an approximate time; we may run a few days later. We make every effort to make and ship your order as quickly as possible, while maintaining our high standards for quality. We appreciate your patience as we put a lot of care and effort into creating your custom-designed carrier.
2. What is a Mei Tai?
A Mei Tai is a Chinese inspired baby carrier that offers 4 long straps that are tied around the caregiver. Babies and toddlers can be carried on you front, back or hip. You can only wear your baby facing you in the BabyHawk. We do not offer a forward facing option. The Mei Tai is recommended for children newborn to 40 lbs.
3. What is an Oh Mei?
The Oh Mei is a half buckle half tie on baby carrier. The top straps are long like the Mei Tai offering tons of different tying possibilities. The bottom strap is a foam padded buckle strap that offers lots of comfort and support. The Oh Mei is recommended to be used with children who weight from 15 to 45 lbs.
4. What is an Oh Snap?
The Oh Snap is our answer to the soft structure baby carrier. Triple padded top straps, foam core bottom strap makes it the perfect baby carrier for larger babies! Recommended to use with 15 pound to 45 pound children, it has unique style and adjustability never seen before in a baby carrier. Fully adjustable by webbing and buckles
on the waist and shoulder straps makes it wearing it a snap! We are currently not producing the Oh Snap.
5. I have a large frame, will the carriers fit me?
All of our carriers generally fit between XS-XL for both men and women. Ties and straps are adjustable and flexible to different body types. We do offer XL straps in our Mei Tai and Oh Mei.
6. Does the Mei Tai/Oh Mei have padded straps?
Yes, the Mei Tai and the Oh Mei have padded top straps that are 3 inchs wide. The Oh Mei has a foam padded bottom strap.
7. How do I wash my BabyHawk baby carrier?
You can hand wash and line dry or machine wash cold on gentle with the carrier in a mesh, lingerie, or pillowcase bag to keep the straps from getting twisted. Some colors are known to run more then others. The Cherry fabric has been known to bleed onto white background of prints. The fabric is pre-washed, but that does not mean it will not happen. We are not held responsible if this happens. Try using a dye catcher sheet in the wash, or only spot clean the carrier.
8. I need a carrier that is larger then what you sell on your site, is there anything you can do for me?
To a point we can custom make a carrier to your size specifications. Please email us and we will discuss! Our goal is to make parents' lives easier!
9. Why does it cost more for a custom carrier?
Custom design carriers cost more simply because it takes more production time and attention to make your custom carrier. Your carrier is made to order, from start to finish, just the way you ordered it. Please note that if you design a custom carrier with two fabrics we do not gaurantee that they are in the order of a main panel "pattern choice" and reversible panel "reversible pattern" as you are ordering them. We just gaurantee that the two patterns will be in fact placed on the carrier.
10. Where are BabyHawk's made?
Proudly "Made in the USA", BabyHawk manufacturers all of our carriers in Oceanside, CA in our own manufacturing facility. By making our products in the USA, we can offer you the styles, quality and selection that you know and love, while supporting our local and state economy.
11. Are your fabrics chemically treated in anyway?
We believe in creating safe, high-quality products. All of our fabrics are pre-washed. They are not treated with any chemicals. The foam in the Oh Mei bottom strap as well is not treated with any flame retardents.
12. I want to send my own fabrics in for a custom BabyHawk, how much do I need?
For a custom BabyHawk regular panel you need at least a 1/2 yard cut. For a Full Panel BabyHawk you need a 3/4 yard cut. These measurements work for both of our carriers. You can send in any quilter's cotton fabric, or a large adults t-shirt for the patterned fabric panel. Please email us, and we will send you the CUSTOM FABRIC DESIGN FORM. Once filled out, you can email this form back to us, or you can mail a hardcopy of it to us with your fabric.
THANK YOU FOR VISITING BABYHAWK.COM